St. Mary Medical Center's Community Health Department promotes health
and well-being by providing services in five local High Desert communities.
Programs are designed to ensure access to health care for all persons,
especially those who are low income and uninsured. Services provided offer
a holistic approach to healthcare with emphasis on body, mind and spirit.
Medical care, preventive exams, counseling, health education and referrals
to additional community resources are available at all locations based
on each individual's needs.
- Prenatal care by Healthy Beginnings Certified Nurse Midwives.
- Mobile Health Services offering primary health care for low income, uninsured
adults and children.
- Cancer Detection Program for women.
- Health education including childbirth preparation, parenting and infant
- Bridges for Families case management program for families with children
age 0 to 5.
- Passports to a Healthier Lifestyle Incentive Program.
- Children's Health Insurance Enrollment.
- Mommy and Me Lactation Support.
- Maternity Tour.
Location of Community Health:
18077 Outer Hwy. 18 South, Suite 100
Apple Valley, CA 92307
(On the south side of Highway 18, approximately 1/4 mile west of Kasota Road.)
Community Health Services
Breastfeeding and Infant Attachment
Bridges for Families
Bright Futures Mobile Van Services
Cancer Detection Program for Women
Childbirth Preparation Classes
Healthy Beginnings/New Avenues
Look Good...Feel Better Program For Women
Mommy and Me