Debt Collection Practices
St. Mary Medical Center is committed to providing financial assistance
to patients who cannot pay for part or all of the care they receive. Consistent
with St. Mary Medical Center mission and values, St. Mary Medical Center
embraces the following principles:
- Patients should be treated equitably, with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Concern over a hospital bill should never prevent any individual from receiving
emergency health services.
- Patients should be expected to contribute to the cost of their care based
upon their individual ability to pay.
- Hospital financial aid policies and practices will take into account each
individual's ability to contribute to the cost of his or her care,
as well as the hospital's ability to provide care.
- Financial aid policies should be clear, understandable, and communicated
in a manner that is dignified and in languages appropriate to the community
and patients served.
- Financial aid policies should be made readily available to prospective
and current patients and to the community at large.
Please contact our customer service department at 800-378-4189 for more details.