The Heart of Helping
We believe the measure of a person is deeply rooted in their values, and the measure of an organization, deeply rooted in its people.
At St. Mary, volunteers have been at the heart of the hospital's healing mission for nearly half a century.
This indispensable group of caring, dedicated women, men and young people touch the lives of our patients and the fabric of our organization with their commitment to Dignity, Excellence, Service, Justice and Hospitality in the High Desert communities we serve.
There are many reasons to become a volunteer at St. Mary.
Our volunteers tell us why:
- Feel fulfilled by giving something special back to their community - themselves!
- Enjoy sharing valuable skills and life experiences to help others.
- Make new friends with similar values and interests.
- Feel appreciated as a valued member of the hospital family.
Many Ways to Be Involved
The opportunities for volunteers at St. Mary are as varied and interesting as our volunteers themselves.
Here are a few of the ways our volunteers help:
- Greeting and assisting patients, families and visitors at the information desk in the main lobby.
- Delivering mail and flowers to our patients.
- Staffing the hospital gift shop.
- Planning, implementing, and participating in fundraising activities to benefit the medical center and its Foundation.
Our Invitation to You
St. Mary Medical Center welcomes men, women and young people of all backgrounds and abilities as its volunteers.
We are seeking new members who possess a willingness to spread joy and warmth and who care about others and their community.
The first step in becoming St. Mary Medical Center volunteer is to download an application. (click here to open).
Once you have completed this pre-application form it can be emailed to us at StMary.Volunteer@stjoe.org or mailed to the below address. We will contact you regarding the possibility of volunteering at St. Mary Medical Center within 7 to 10 business days of receipt of your pre-application.
St. Mary Medical Center
18300 Highway 18
Apple Valley, CA 92307
If you would like to speak to a volunteer representative please call us at (760) 242-2311 extension 8256.
We look forward to hearing from you!