St. Mary Medical Center's Community Health Department promotes health and well-being by providing services in five local High Desert communities. Programs are designed to ensure access to healthcare for all persons, especially those who are low income and uninsured. Services provided offer a holistic approach to healthcare with emphasis on body, mind and spirit. Medical care, preventive exams, counseling, health education and referrals to additional community resources are available at all locations based on each individual's needs.
- Prenatal care by Healthy Beginnings Certified Nurse Midwives.
- Mobile Health Services offering primary healthcare for low income, uninsured adults and children.
- Cancer Detection Program for women.
- Health education including childbirth preparation, parenting and infant feeding/attachment classes.
- Bridges for Families case management program for families with children age 0 to 5.
- Passports to a Healthier Lifestyle Incentive Program.
- Children's Health Insurance Enrollment.
- Mommy and Me Lactation Support.
- Maternity Tour.
Location of Community Health:
18077 Outer Hwy. 18 South, Suite 100
Apple Valley, CA 92307
760-242-2311 extension 8223
(On the south side of Highway 18, approximately 1/4 mile west of Kasota Road.)
Community Health Services
Breastfeeding and Infant Attachment
Bridges for Families
Bright Futures Mobile Van Services
Cancer Detection Program for Women
Childbirth Preparation Classes
Healthy Beginnings/New Avenues
Look Good...Feel Better Program For Women
Mommy and Me
Passport to Healthier Lifestyles